Italian Pineapple Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) DOLE sliced pineapple, drained
- 1/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese, optional
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Pour salad dressing into a shallow bowl; dip chicken in dressing. In a large skillet, heat oil. Add chicken; cook over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Add pineapple slices to the skillet; cook for 30 seconds on each side or until lightly browned. Place a slice on each chicken breast half. Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 229 calories, 19g fat (2g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 524mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
May 12, 2013
Very quick and dekicious.
Dec 18, 2012
we've made this several times. I'm not fond of the swiss cheese, but it's easy to leave off. I can't make enough of the pineapple rings to satisfy the kids.
Jun 25, 2012
Made this again. This time I substituted the pineapple rings for tidbits. I think it worked out much better. This is a very good recipe.
Dec 30, 2010
Thought the combination of cheese and pineapple was questionable until I fixed this. It was very good. My husband raved about it throughout the entire meal. VERY easy and quick to fix, also.