Italian Pineapple Trifle
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) lemon pie filling
- 3 packages (3 ounces each) ladyfingers, split
- In a small bowl, beat the ricotta, cream cheese, sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla until fluffy. In a large bowl, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form; fold into ricotta mixture.
- In another bowl, combine the pineapple, pie filling and remaining vanilla. In a 3-qt. trifle bowl or glass serving bowl, arrange two packages of ladyfingers over the bottom and up the sides.
- Layer a third of the ricotta mixture, a third of the pineapple mixture and half of the remaining ladyfingers. Repeat layers once. Layer remaining ricotta and pineapple mixtures. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
May 18, 2015
This was a BIG hit!!!! Made it for a potluck and there was nothing left! Very easy! Had to go to 2 stores for the lady fingers. Found them at the Bed Bath and Beyond! Will make it again!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.