Pineapple Orange Trifle
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 can (14 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2/3 cup juice; set pineapple aside. In a large bowl, whisk the milk, pineapple juice and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Whisk in sour cream; fold in oranges and pineapple.
- Place a third of the cake cubes in a 3-qt. trifle bowl; top with a third of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers twice. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours. Combine whipped topping and extract; spread over the top. Sprinkle with coconut.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 269 calories, 9g fat (7g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 404mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 29, 2019
Want to make for a diabetic friend. Can Sugar-Free pudding be used instead of the regular Instant Vanilla Pudding as well as Greek Yogurt instead of Sour Cream?
Apr 3, 2016
Wonderfully easy and delicious! I used 15 oz. of mandarin oranges as I love them. This would be a great dessert to take to a potluck or serve at home.
Nov 16, 2015
This dessert presented itself well was easy to make and tasted great. I didn't put the coconut on it but did a little orange zest to the top. Everyone loved it.
Jul 19, 2015
When I made this dessert for the first time and took it to our church potluck, a lady asked me if she could take the bowl home and lick it out! Guess that says they liked it!
Jan 15, 2015
I made this trifle for a church meeting and it was wonderful! I will make this again.
Sep 14, 2014
Easy to make, easy to eat... ! This was liked by everyone at a recent family gathering, it was a nice light-tasting dessert, good after a big meal...
Mar 20, 2014
Light and delicious! Perfect for spring!
Jul 9, 2013
Very eye appealing, and tasty. I added sliced bananas onto each layer and finished with a few cherries on top