Pineapple Hawaiian Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) peach halves, drained
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet, brown chicken on both sides in 2 tablespoons butter. Transfer to a shallow microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until juices run clear.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and pineapple juice until smooth. Stir in the lemon juice, zest, soy sauce and thyme. In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining butter until tender. Stir juice mixture and add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Arrange peaches and pineapple over chicken; baste with sauce. Cover and microwave for 1 minute or until sauce is bubbly. Serve over rice with remaining sauce if desired.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 347 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 257mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Jun 13, 2012
I think the quantities may be incorrect. The recipe calls for 1/4 cup lemon juice which is way too much, especially with the lemon peel. The recipe was very sour. One tablespoon of lemon juice would probably be enough. Rather than revise, I would try a different Aloha Chicken recipe.