Tangy Pineapple Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened sliced pineapple
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle chicken with the thyme, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil. Meanwhile, drain pineapple, reserving the juice. Cut pineapple rings in half and set aside.
- Combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoons juice until smooth; set aside. Combine the mustard, honey, garlic and remaining pineapple juice. Add to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Stir cornstarch mixture. Gradually add to pan; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to pan. Top with pineapple; heat through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 351 calories, 8g fat (0 saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 736mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 13, 2019
Love this dish! Very easy to make and has a lot of flavor. I subbed in pineapple chunks and it was very good! I also topped with some diced green onions.
Apr 29, 2015
My husband and I really enjoyed this delicious chicken! The recipe was easy to prepare and something I'll definitely make again. I did use pineapple chunks instead of sliced, but it still made a nice presentation.
Jan 27, 2015
Very tasty super easy. I used fresh pineapple and pineapple juice.
Oct 17, 2014
Delicious! And easy! That's an A+ in my book!
Jul 20, 2013
This was easy and tasty. Everyone in my family enjoyed it. It will become one of my last minute standbys.
May 20, 2013
The whole family loved it! Very tasty.
Jul 9, 2012
Made this....we loved it.....now in my file of favorites!
Jan 30, 2012
wonderful recipe! subbed fresh pineapple & a 6 oz. can of juice for canned pineapple. Added peppers, green onions, and served over saffron rice. Its a keeper.
Jun 24, 2010
I didn't have Dijon mustard and substituted a smaller amount of honey mustard, and it still turned out good! A nice change of pace from the savory chicken I usually make.
Apr 20, 2010
This recipe is AMAZING! The honey and pineapple compliment each other well; I am always being asked for the recipe.