Coconut Pineapple Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted, divided
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set the pineapple aside. In a large skillet, combine the cornstarch, sugar, broth, lemon juice, salt and reserved juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the chicken, green pepper, coconut, pineapple, 1/4 cup almonds and extract. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is heated through. Sprinkle with remaining almonds.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 300 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 620mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Mar 27, 2013
Easy to prepare. I served it over rice.
Nov 14, 2012
This was yummy, and so easy. I used pineapple in syrup and sweetened coconut, so I probably should have left out the 2 extra tablespoons of sugar; it was a little too sweet for me. Next time I will double the coconut, too.
Nov 15, 2011
This is really good served over rice with eggrolls on the side. The only change that I will make is to increase the coconut.
Apr 14, 2011
This has become my favorite meal. YUM!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.