Coconut Pineapple Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted, divided
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set the pineapple aside. In a large skillet, combine the cornstarch, sugar, broth, lemon juice, salt and reserved juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the chicken, green pepper, coconut, pineapple, 1/4 cup almonds and extract. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is heated through. Sprinkle with remaining almonds.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 300 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 620mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Mar 27, 2013
Easy to prepare. I served it over rice.
Nov 14, 2012
This was yummy, and so easy. I used pineapple in syrup and sweetened coconut, so I probably should have left out the 2 extra tablespoons of sugar; it was a little too sweet for me. Next time I will double the coconut, too.
Nov 15, 2011
This is really good served over rice with eggrolls on the side. The only change that I will make is to increase the coconut.
Apr 14, 2011
This has become my favorite meal. YUM!