Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups undrained crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 medium mangoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until sauce is thickened and raisins are plumped, stirring occasionally. Stir in mangoes; heat through. Set aside.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Serve with sauce and rice.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast with 2/3 cup sauce (calculated without rice): 350 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 369mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 4g fiber), 30g protein.
May 16, 2012
I used fresh pineapple, and some added juice and added mushrooms and sweet peppers and it was delicious!
Apr 13, 2012
My family absolutely loved this! I omitted the golden raisins because I didn't have any, and I served it over white rice. Easy and delicious!