Pineapple Chicken with Spaghetti
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 large green pepper, julienned
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry green pepper, carrots, onions and ginger in oil for 3 minutes. Add chicken and garlic; stir-fry for 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add the spaghetti and pineapple; stir-fry for 1 minute. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce and reserved pineapple juice until smooth; pour over chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 346 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 464mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit.
Jan 18, 2016
Tried this for dinner tonight - we loved it! Love the slight sweetness that the pineapple and it's juice adds, and the veggies taste so good. Not too caloric either. I didn't have fresh ginger root, so rather than run to the store, I used one teaspoon of powdered ginger. I also used linguine instead of spaghetti, and the substitutions worked perfectly. We love stir fries, and this is one I'll be coming back to in the near future. Thanks to Cheryl for a delicious recipe!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.