Stir-Fried Chicken and Noodles
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Cook: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups julienned carrots
- 2 cups shredded Chinese or napa cabbage
- 1 cup fresh or frozen snow peas, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 ounces spaghetti, broken
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside 3/4 cup. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add remaining marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 2 teaspoons oil for 3-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. stir-fry broccoli and carrots in remaining oil for 6 minutes. Add cabbage and peas; stir-fry 3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Combine cornstarch and reserved marinade until smooth; add to vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. drain pasta; stir into vegetable mixture. Return chicken to the pan; cook and stir until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 258 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 672mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Jan 16, 2017
The DH and I made this using a different mix of vegies - carrot, cauliflower florets, brocollini florets, shredded spinach, shredded bok choy leaves, snow peas and spring/green onion all up about 6 cups of vegies and used fresh home made pasta (angel air) and we thoroughly enjoyed and look forward to making again but will cut back on the soy and add some honey and fresh chilli. Thanks for great recipe and oh we had 2 serves left over which I have frozen for the DH when he is on night shift and he is looking forward to see how the recipe reheats in the microwave.
Aug 6, 2013
This is an easy and healthy recipe. I followed the recipe, except I added more garlic and mushrooms. Enjoyed it and will make again.
Jun 26, 2013
Feb 9, 2013
Turned out great! I was worried there wasn't enough sauce, but it was fine.
Nov 17, 2012
Takes alittle time to prepare but well worth it. Very light & tasty.
Oct 15, 2011
I only had low sodium beef broth on hand and using this resulted in a more intense color and flavor--very close to Chinese restaurant lo mein. I love this recipe because I can adjust the vegetable content.
Jul 20, 2011
I have made this recipe many times. Even my kids love it and it's got lots of great veggies. We don't care for the snow peas so I just add a little more of everything else.
Feb 8, 2010
Love this recipe and would definately make again. The whole family love it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.