Asian Noodles with Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/3 cup stir-fry sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 to 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the stir-fry sauce, honey and red pepper flakes; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until browned and no longer pink. Add red pepper and onion; cook for 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in sauce mixture. Add cilantro and cook for 1 minute.
- Drain pasta; toss with sesame oil. Serve with chicken mixture; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 448 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 768mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 3g fiber), 33g protein.
Jul 10, 2012
I only made one change to this really quick and easy recipe. I used linguine rice sticks instead of angel hair pasta. This will be a regular in our household.
Oct 12, 2010
It's a simple dish, but very yummy and quick for weeknight dinner. My husband asks me to make this when he craves the food of his Asian homeland. Sprinkling chopped nuts on top is a must!
Oct 9, 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.