Asian Chicken with Gingered Vegetables
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Grill: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 cups fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- Combine the first five ingredients; rub over chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, combine the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over medium-high heat for 5-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 249 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 400mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 38g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 27, 2010
Very good. The sauce on the vegetables was excellent. I liked the chicken but my husband didn't think it was too flavorful. Very quick and easy to prepare. All in all, a wonderful dish.
May 25, 2010
This wasn't too bad. I thought the sauce was a bit strong on the veggies though. If I made it again, I probably would only use about half.
Mar 29, 2010
The only changes made was using a George Forman grill and regular soy sauce because it was what I had. My husband enjoyed the meal even though there was a touch of Anise in the seasoning. (He doesn't care for licorice.) The veggies were nice and crunchy. I also added brown rice to the dish but kept the serving down. May try it again when we have the grill out.