Asian Chicken with Gingered Vegetables
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Grill: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 cups fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- Combine the first five ingredients; rub over chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, combine the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over medium-high heat for 5-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 249 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 400mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 38g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 27, 2010
Very good. The sauce on the vegetables was excellent. I liked the chicken but my husband didn't think it was too flavorful. Very quick and easy to prepare. All in all, a wonderful dish.
May 25, 2010
This wasn't too bad. I thought the sauce was a bit strong on the veggies though. If I made it again, I probably would only use about half.
Mar 29, 2010
The only changes made was using a George Forman grill and regular soy sauce because it was what I had. My husband enjoyed the meal even though there was a touch of Anise in the seasoning. (He doesn't care for licorice.) The veggies were nice and crunchy. I also added brown rice to the dish but kept the serving down. May try it again when we have the grill out.