Chicken Satay Noodles
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 ounces uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave peanut butter on high for 30 seconds or until melted. Whisk
- in the water, honey, soy sauce, lime juice, pepper sauce and garlic. Add the oil in a steady stream, whisking constantly.
- Drain spaghetti and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a large bowl. Pour dressing over pasta; toss to coat. Add the spinach, chicken, carrots, onions and peanuts. Toss to coat. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 509 calories, 21 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 543 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Jan 25, 2020
Not sure if this is supposed to be a cold noodle salad. I made it into a hot dish and sautéed the garlic, carrots, with some muchrooms. Added the chicken to warm it up. Gently simmered the sauce for a minute or two once it boiled. Served over hot noodles and veg mixture.