Saucy Thai Beef Noodles
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh carrot
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- In a small saucepan, bring the first eight ingredients just to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in 1/2 teaspoon oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry carrot and red pepper in remaining oil for 3-4 minutes. Add snow peas and onions; stir-fry 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Return beef to skillet.
- Drain noodles; add to the pan. Add peanut sauce and toss to coat. Sprinkle with peanuts and cilantro.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 536 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 795mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 5g fiber), 34g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 31, 2018
Everyone really enjoyed this recipe. I used chicken instead of beef because that is what I had. We will definitely make this again.
Jan 26, 2018
This was really good! I made a few small changes-- I used frozen stir fry veggies because my husband isn't overly fond of bell peppers, so a variety of veggies was better and I didn't have sherry so I used Chinese rice wine. This was loved by my husband, toddler, and 6 year old. I think when I make it again, I'll use less noodles and maybe up the hot sauce by a few drops or use sriracha since I'd like to be a touch spicier. Otherwise it had a great flavor and came together pretty quickly!
Jun 12, 2015
too much PB!
Sep 12, 2014
My daughter just ask me when we could have this recipe again. I'd say that makes it a winner.
Apr 9, 2014
Very delicious and pretty simple to prepare. We did use a little less hot pepper sauce and halved the red pepper flakes because we don't like things too hot and this the first time we were making the recipe but I think the full amount would be okay. Everyone loved it, definitely a keeper. Honestly, it was better than many restaurant Thai dishes.
Mar 31, 2014
Everyone in our house loved it, from the 3 yr old up to my hubby. Definitely a keeper! Can't wait to try it with chicken, & I like the suggestion of adding extra veggies.
Mar 31, 2014
This was good. If I make it again, I will reduce the amount of noodles and up the amount of vegetables. I would also suggest maybe adding some broccoli flowerets etc. I didn't care much for the "pasty" texture of the sauce. I love cilantro but will omit it next time. Overall, just good!
Sep 20, 2013
I am reluctant to try this recipe because I can't have peanut butter. Can this recipe be made with almond butter instead?
Aug 8, 2013
Followed the recipe, except I used some sesame oil and substituted rice noodles because that's what I had. We thought the peanut flavor was just right. It was delicious! We will definitely add this to our repertoire.
Jul 20, 2013
only thing i changed was chinese noodles in place of spaghetti.still was absolutelly great ,hot mustard for dipping rice bread sticks,and good strong green tea.