Chicken and Shrimp Satay
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 pound chicken tenderloins, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat chunky peanut butter
- 2-1/4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried basil, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- On 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread shrimp and chicken. Place in a large shallow dish; set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute green onions in butter until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the parsley, wine , lemon juice and lime juice. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Pour over skewers and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter. Add the remaining sauce ingredients; cook and stir until blended. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat. Grill skewers, covered, covered, over indirect medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 7 to 8 minutes, turning often. Brush with 1/4 cup sauce during the last minute of grilling. Serve with remaining sauce.
Nutrition Facts2 kabobs: 190 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 339mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 20, 2017
Didn't work for us the star rating also not working only want to give 1 star. The sauce lacked something soy sauce perhaps as a common ingredient in most satay recipes. Also amount of broth seemed excessive produced a very thin sauce. Would not make again.
Feb 28, 2016
This dish is amazing! Instead of using kebobs, we just put it all in a skillet and cooked it that way. Really wonderful flavor!
Apr 29, 2013
This satay sauce is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! I've used it in all meals I normally use other satay sauces in, and I've given it to so many people!!! Latest I've used this sauce with was Salt and Pepper Silken Tofu as a dipping sauce....VERY SUCCESSFUL!!!
Feb 11, 2013
Perfect recipe for adults and kids. My kids are pretty picky, but love to eat kabobs (or anything on a stick). The peanut sauce is very kid friendly. I will definitely make this again!
Nov 10, 2012
I made this for my husband on our anniversary and he loved it!!! Great recipe
May 27, 2012
I LOVED this meal! It's a staple in our house.