Shrimp and Rice Casserole
I've been making this delicious dish for more than 30 years, and it hasn't failed me once. It's fast to fix plus it always pleases family and friends.—Marcia Urschel, Webster, New York
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 12 ounces cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, rice, soup, mushrooms, cheese, 2 tablespoons butter, green pepper, onion, lemon juice, pepper, mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine bread crumbs and remaining butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 333 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 746mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Shrimp Rice Casserole in Casserole Cookbook