Shrimp Fried Rice
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups cold cooked rice
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, optional
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Pour eggs into skillet. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. Remove eggs and keep warm.
- Melt remaining butter in the skillet. Add the rice, vegetables and shrimp; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Meanwhile, chop eggs into small pieces. Return eggs to the pan; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with bacon if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 332 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 236mg cholesterol, 422mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein.
Jun 17, 2018
I was so hoping this was going to be a good recipe, however, I was greatly disappointed... It was extremely bland, which I should have expected since there was no seasoning other than salt and pepper. The only thing that gave this some flavor was the bacon... Will not make this recipe again.
Jan 2, 2018
AMAZING FLAVOR!!! So quick to make. I did pre-prep cooking the rice and bacon. I used chicken instead of shrimp only because that was what I had on hand, and precooked it. Whole family loved it. I can hardly wait to try it with the shrimp. It is definitely going on my favorites list!!
Jul 4, 2017
We had a school get-together representing different countries around the world. Our country was China so I fixed this fried rice and it went so fast. It was so good!! I'll be fixing this again!!
Feb 25, 2017
This recipe was easy! It's one of our favorite meals! We decided to omit the bacon and add just a touch of soy sauce to the mixture. It is also great topped with some chopped green onions
Jan 9, 2016
I really liked this. I used the California blend vegetables. I don't like shelling the shrimp, so I thought next time I might buy the already cooked shrimp. I buy the shrimp in the freezer section and divide up what I need for individual meals. If you have a family to feed this would not work. But because it is just me and my husband it is the easiest way.
Dec 23, 2015
Can this be made with frozen shrimp? I haven't made this yet, but I needed to rate it in order to submit a question. I'll pre-cook and use brown rice, and I'll also add one finely minced clove of garlic. I'll also sprinkle some fresh & finely chopped chives over the completed dish. So, can I make this with frozen shrimp?
Dec 28, 2014
I thought this would be too bland, but it's really very good! I paired it with store-bought spring rolls for a fast dinner.
Jan 26, 2012
this also was good i just used a lil more onion and garlic powder and it was perfect..
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.