Fettuccine Shrimp Casserole
Our perfect pasta is a creamy shrimp fettuccine with cheddar, green chiles and cilantro. Garnish with dollops of sour cream, salsa and avocado. —Judy Armstrong, Prairieville, Louisiana
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon each minced fresh cilantro, basil and marjoram
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined or frozen cooked crawfish tail meat, thawed
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 cups tortilla chips, crushed
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. In a large bowl, whisk egg, cream, sour cream and salt. Stir in cheddar cheese, chilies, green onions and herbs. Drain fettuccine.
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half of the fettuccine, shrimp, cream mixture and salsa. Repeat layers.
- Bake, covered, 35 minutes. Sprinkle with pepper jack cheese, chips and tomatoes. Bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Serve with avocado slices.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without optional ingredients): 399 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 163mg cholesterol, 603mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Cheesy Southwestern Crawfish Fettuccini in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.