Creole Pasta with Sausage and Shrimp
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup each julienned sweet red, yellow and green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Andouille Sausage Rope
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onion, celery, peppers, green onions and garlic in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir in the cream, wine, Creole seasoning, salt, pepper flakes and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until thickened.
- In another large skillet, saute sausage and shrimp in remaining butter for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain fettuccine; toss with vegetable mixture, tomatoes and sausage mixture.
Editor's NoteThe following spices may be substituted for 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning: 1/4 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder and paprika; and a pinch each of dried thyme, ground cumin and cayenne pepper.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 538 calories, 38g fat (21g saturated fat), 207mg cholesterol, 653mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Nov 12, 2017
The reviews must of been from family or friends! This recipe is awful! No direction on when to add the tomatoes. I added a few of my own seasonings to give this "recipe" some taste. Not worth the calories from the heavy cream??.
May 3, 2016
We don't do much pasta but since we can't resist creole flavors I had to give this a try. It is excellent!
Aug 2, 2015
This recipe was amazing and simple to make I added cooked chicken breast to add to the creole theme everyone love it has been requested several times this month
Aug 28, 2011
I do not eat shellfish but made this recipe for my boyfriend. He absolutely loved it. I finely diced the tomatoes and tossed them in right before serving since the recipe did not state exactly how to add them. The dish (I was told) was spicy, creamy, and delish!
Aug 3, 2010
Tasty but recipe asks for 2 cups of tomatos but does not explain what to do with them
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.