Garlic Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, saute mushrooms and onion in oil in a large skillet until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the shrimp, broth and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened and shrimp turn pink.
- Stir in the tomatoes, 1/4 cup cheese and butter. Drain pasta; toss with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 469 calories, 23g fat (6g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 648mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein.
Apr 18, 2018
I was so excited to make this as I had all ingredients on hand begging to be included for dinner! I also had fresh spinach so I did add that to the recipe. Interestingly enough, I did not have Italian Seasonings but I had every single individual herb and spice to make my own! I found that recipe on this site also! I did add more salt to accentuate all the fresh flavors, I used cherry tomatoes cut in half for their extra flavor and the shrimp I had was already cooked so I had to add that last, with the spinach, just to heat through. I used half a vidalia onion and added a smidge more chicken broth than the recipe because I love sauce! It's a good thing, too, because the noodles soaked up a lot of the juices as I let it sit a few minutes after turning off the heat. When I go to reheat it (I'm a single gal!), I'll add more of the saved chicken broth to liven up the dish again and for more moisture. This was a DELIGHTFUL dish! I agree, it almost tasted like a restaurant's quality! So thank you for this recipe and I'll be back for more!!
Apr 29, 2016
I made this recipe last night, but I used sun-dried tomatoes instead of plum tomatoes. And I added lemon juice and spinach. It was AWESOME!
May 13, 2013
My family loved it! We'll make this regularly. I used broccoli instead of tomoatoes since I didn't have tomatoes. I added a lot more shrimp, mushrooms, garlic and pepper, and slightly less salt. It was great!
Mar 17, 2013
This was very good and easy to make. Everyone loved it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.