Tomato ‘n’ Shrimp Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shrimp and garlic in 1 tablespoon oil until shrimp turn pink. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in remaining oil until mushrooms are lightly browned. Stir in the tomatoes and tomato paste. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Add the shrimp, basil, sugar, oregano and red pepper flakes.
- Cook, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until heated through. Drain spaghetti; top with shrimp mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 410 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 168mg cholesterol, 379mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 28g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 25, 2011
I have made this several times and will also add in some scallops for company. Its a hit with everyone who tastes it. It's a definate company recipe.
Jun 30, 2010
So far I have only made this once - but I will make it again. I pretty much stuck to the recipe - but used rice noodles instead of the spaghetti.
Mar 30, 2010
I am not a fan of thick sauce for pastas and this was perfect with the chunks of tomatoes and the shrimp. The juice from the tomatoes was all that was needed to coat the spaghetti.