- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shrimp and garlic in 1 tablespoon oil until shrimp turn pink. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in remaining oil until mushrooms are lightly browned. Stir in the tomatoes and tomato paste. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Add the shrimp, basil, sugar, oregano and red pepper flakes.
- Cook, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until heated through. Drain spaghetti; top with shrimp mixture.
1 cup: 410 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 168mg cholesterol, 379mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 28g protein.