Mediterranean Shrimp ‘n’ Pasta
Sun-dried tomatoes and curry take center stage in this pasta dish. This is one of my husband's favorites for special occasions. — Shirley Kunde, Rhinelander, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup dry-pack sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons clam juice
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a small bowl, pour boiling water over sun-dried tomatoes; let stand for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside. Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, clam juice, apple juice, curry powder and pepper; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook asparagus in oil for 2 minutes. Add green onions and garlic; cook and stir 1 minute longer.
- Stir in shrimp. Cook and stir 3 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in tomato sauce mixture and sun-dried tomatoes; heat through. Drain fettuccine and add to skillet; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 368 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 173mg cholesterol, 702mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Mediterranean Shrimp & Asparagus in Light & Tasty April/May 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.