Shrimp Pasta Primavera
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 8 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 small plum tomato, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon each minced fresh basil, oregano, thyme and parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shrimp and asparagus in oil for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the mushrooms, broth, tomato, salt and pepper flakes; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
- Drain pasta. Add the pasta and seasoning to skillet; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 581 calories, 32g fat (6g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 783mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 15, 2017
Enjoyed this dish but it lacked some UMPH! We used fresh basil and thyme and dried oregano and parsley. I think the balance of veggies is about right. I think I'd use more garlic and a 1/2 & 1/2 butter and EVOO. increase the salt slightly and try it again. Overall a good meal
Feb 3, 2017
This meal was outstanding. I only used half of the herbs, and it was perfectly flavored for us. Just the right amount of kick with the red pepper. I will definitely be serving this again!
Jul 18, 2016
My husband thought this was good but I only thought it was so-so. Maybe it was because I used dry spices instead of fresh (I did the conversion and it was still way too much), or maybe because it was just a bit too oily (even though I cut back on it), or maybe it was because I used low fat, low sodium chicken broth. The amount of shrimp and asparagus seemed good but I found it needed more tomatoes. I may double that next time. It had a good overall flavor but lacked something. Next time I'm going to either do half oil, half butter, or just do all butter. I think that will give it a nice taste. Maybe even add in some lemon juice. Not sure what to do about the herbs though... I never have fresh on hand and would hate to buy some just for this dish alone. I'd try this again.
Jun 8, 2015
Apr 15, 2015
Excellent! As good as my shrimp scampi recipe I've been making for years!
Mar 30, 2015
followed it as stated came out perfecto
Feb 13, 2015
A lot of flavor in this dish, and absolutely delicious.
Jan 1, 2015
It is so delicious and I change it up all the time. I add green and red peppers always. Only a small amount of the oregano and less of crushed pepper. Last night I used scallops instead of shrimp and broccoli instead of asparagus and added squash too it was just as delicious! I have made it with just vegetables. Always use the chicken broth and spices and it will be delicious however you make it.
Oct 3, 2014
Easy, fresh, and so yummy!
Sep 6, 2014
Easy quick recipe with great flavor. Loved it!