Flavorful marinara sauce simmers for just a few hours. Right before mealtime, toss in the shrimp to cook quickly. Serve over steamy spaghetti for a delicious weeknight dish that feels dressed up. —Sue Mackey, Jackson, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 3-1/4 hours
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 to 1 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 3/4 pound spaghetti, cooked and drained
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Stir in shrimp. Cover and cook on high 15-25 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Serve with spaghetti. Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 328 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 768mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Shrimp Marinara in Quick Cooking November/December 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.