Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Bake: 10 min.
- 2 pounds uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine the shrimp, oil, garlic, rosemary, oregano and bay leaves. Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Pour shrimp and marinade into a large deep skillet. Add wine or broth, salt and pepper. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally. Discard bay leaves. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a serving dish.
Nutrition Facts8 ounce-weight: 465 calories, 37g fat (5g saturated fat), 224mg cholesterol, 555mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Dec 25, 2010
I made this for Christmas Eve dinner along with a Beef Tenderloin recipe from this website. Everyone loves the shrimp. I received many compliments. They were delicious and marinated perfectly. It was a great and easy choice that everyone loved.
Oct 10, 2010
too much rosemary for my liking - it lost the shrimp taste. made this for thanksgiving - would've prefered an ordinary shrimp ring with seafood sauce over this dish.
Sep 28, 2010
I first saw this recipe a few days ago and it just looked like something I needed to make. It looked like it had to be great. I bought two pounds of 13 count shrimp with heads on, brought them home and cleaned them and followed every step in the recipe as written. YUK!The herbs were over powering in that they covered the taste of the shrimp and the wine I used. It's a good thing I fixed this for family and not company.Half of the shrimp is left and I'll be throwing it out today. What a waste of good shrimp. The name of this recipe should be shrimp flavored herbs.
Aug 19, 2009
This was YUMMY!!! I made two different shrimp recipes tonight for a dinner party. They were both hits! Although I liked this one better. I think it was the rosemary that won me over!! Very light and summery! Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe. It will go in my permanent cookbok!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.