Simple Marinated Shrimp
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating
- 2 pounds cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 medium lemons, cut into slices
- 1 cup pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a 3-qt. glass serving bowl, combine the shrimp, onion, lemons and olives. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over shrimp mixture and stir gently to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours, stirring occasionally. Discard bay leaf before serving.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 157 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 350mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Jan 3, 2019
Excellent!! Interesting blend of flavors! Had it on an appetizer table, and everyone enjoyed it! Joyce Moynihan, Volunteer Field Editor
Oct 2, 2017
I made this minus the olives and it was really good. Definitely have to let the flavors meld overnight for best results.
Jul 31, 2015
Best Ever. Must do often. D
Jun 29, 2015
Totally WOW! A first I didn't think onions & shrimp were good together: Boy was I wrong! My guests loved it. I did leave out the olives because I didn't have any in the house (next time I'll try it with them).Thanks Margaret :)
May 9, 2013
It is quite elegant in an ice bowl. Everyone fancies me a proffesional when I make it.
Dec 12, 2012
Not sure what the fuss is all about. My husband and I love shrimp and found this to be totally inedible. The flavors did not compliment each other at all.
Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012
Made this for Christmas Eve! WOW! Totally worth making! Allow time to marinate overnight, if you can wait that long!
Aug 11, 2010
Aug 9, 2010
Perfect for the 90+ degree weather we're having! Served on a bed of baby spinace as a side salad to a Mexican dish with a kick. Great compliment!