My 87-year-old mom showed me how to make this delicious vegetarian recipe that tastes so much like seafood ceviche. I often serve it with crackers on the side. —Beatriz Barranco, El Paso, Texas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 medium head cauliflower, finely chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- Lemon wedges, tortilla chip scoops and hot pepper sauce, optional
- In a large skillet, bring 1 cup water to a boil. Add cauliflower; cook, uncovered, just until crisp-tender, 5-8 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain and pat dry. Meanwhile, stir together ketchup and orange juice.
- In a large bowl, combine cauliflower with tomatoes and onion. Add ketchup mixture, cilantro, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour.
- Stir in avocado cubes. If desired, serve with lemon wedges, tortilla chip scoops and hot pepper sauce.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 129 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 387mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Coliflower Ceviche in Taste of Home November 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.