Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add cauliflower. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, sour cream, cheddar cheese, cornflakes, peppers and salt; transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 162 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 503mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 15, 2018
Great Recipe! It is always a hit at potlucks. Instead of boiling the cauliflower, I bake the florets on a cookie sheet with parchment paper for 25 minutes at 350. This will keep the recipe from becoming too watery and runny as well as keeping the sauce all over the cauliflower.
Nov 17, 2018
Even my veggie-hating hubby will eat some of this delicious cauliflower dish! We have six grown kids, four kids-in-law,
Jun 15, 2018
I fixed this recipe when the grandkids came and everyone really liked it!! I put the cornflakes on top . It was a hit!! Thanks!!!
Feb 16, 2018
Very good. I didn't add the peppers. I did not have cornflakes, so I followed the suggestion from another viewer and substituted bread crumbs. Great way to make cauliflower. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
Jan 3, 2018
I thought this was very bland and didn't mix well.
Nov 29, 2017
I didnt have the same success with this recipe that others have reported. Only thing i didn't have were the cornflakes, otherwise followed the recipe as written. For my tatse it was bland. The mixed ingredients seemed to settle in the bottom as a pool of liquid. Maybe didn't drain the cauliflower long enough, or too much water to cook initially? Overall, not impressed enough to tweak it and dry again.
Oct 6, 2017
This recipe was very tasty. I did substitute the cornflakes with pork skins for low carb. Will definitely make again. I also added a little more cheese.
Oct 5, 2017
I love this recipe! Great way to try something new with a vegetable that doesn't always get the respect it deserves! The only substitution I made was to use fresh soft breadcrumbs instead of the cornflakes. This casserole is cheesy and delicious and easy to put together. My new way to eat cauliflower! Will definitely make again!Volunteer Field Editor
Mar 8, 2016
Very Good. Left out the peppers because I didn't have them but will use them when I do.I liked the fact that you can prepare ahead and refrigerate till needed.
Mar 2, 2016
used less pepper