Rice Broccoli Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, bring water, butter and onion to a boil. Stir in rice. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Stir in broccoli, soup and cheese sauce. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 315 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 832mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Jul 28, 2017
This recipe is bland because it needs more cheese. Eight ounces of cheese is not enough. Barely any cheese flavor. I would suggest using 16 ounces of cheese next time.
Jul 4, 2016
Made this as directed except I topped it with cracker crumbs before baking for a potluck and every bite was eaten! Very tasty and easy to prepare!
Nov 27, 2013
Always a great recipe. I add a few drops of hot sauce to spice it up a little. I also substitute Cream of Chicken soup for a different taste.
Mar 4, 2013
Really didn't like this, it was fairly boring.
Dec 25, 2011
I made this go go with Christmas dinner. It was much easier than the other recipes I have used for this dish. Everyone loved it...myself included!
Oct 6, 2010
This was good but not my favorite. I will try some more recipes. The soup made it a little too creamy.
Nov 25, 2009
This is an all time favorite in my home. Sometimes I will add some crushed Ritz Crackers on top and drizzle some melted butter, just to give it a crunchy topping. You can also add chopped waterchest nuts for a little crunch in the middle without changing the flavor alot. Delicious! I will be making it for Thanksgiving. We love it!
Sep 20, 2009
Cooked this last night. Instead of cheese sauce I used a block of valveeta cheese I already had on hand. It was delicious!
Apr 17, 2009
I think I'll try this with cream of celery soup because fo a severe mushroom allergy. But I love broccoli and I love rice
Apr 8, 2009
This is very similar to the Campbells Cheesy Chicken Bake on the back of Cream of Chicken Soup Labels! Both are EXCELLENT!!