Cilantro Lime Shrimp
A quick garlicky lime marinade works magic on these juicy shrimp. They come off the grill with huge flavors perfect for your next cookout. —Melissa Rodriguez, Van Nuys, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (16-20 per pound), peeled and deveined
- Lime slices
- Mix first 9 ingredients; toss with shrimp. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Thread shrimp and lime slices onto 4 metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat until shrimp turn pink, 2-4 minutes per side.
Nutrition Facts1 kabob: 167 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 284mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
May 15, 2018
While I enjoyed these shrimp, I think I have other shrimp recipes I enjoy more. Ease of this recipe is very attractive.
Jun 11, 2017
Loved this! They had just the right amount of spice and flavor. Will definitely make often.