Cilantro Lime Shrimp
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (16-20 per pound), peeled and deveined
- Lime slices
- Mix first nine ingredients; toss with shrimp. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Thread shrimp and lime slices onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat until shrimp turn pink, 2-4 minutes per side.
Nutrition Facts1 kabob: 167 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 284mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
May 15, 2018
While I enjoyed these shrimp, I think I have other shrimp recipes I enjoy more. Ease of this recipe is very attractive.
Jun 11, 2017
Loved this! They had just the right amount of spice and flavor. Will definitely make often.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.