Lime-Cilantro Shrimp Skewers
My friend gave me this grill-friendly recipe. The combination of lime, cilantro and soy sauce gives these shrimp skewers a memorable taste reminiscent of tropical cuisine. To make it a main dish, serve the skewers with rice or couscous. —Theresa Dibert, Cynthiana, Kentucky
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/4 pounds uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 cup soaked mesquite wood chips, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended. Add shrimp; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes.
- If desired, add wood chips to grill according to manufacturer's directions. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Drain shrimp, discarding marinade. On each of 12 soaked wooden appetizer skewers, thread shrimp.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat until shrimp turn pink, 3-4 minutes per side.