Peanut Butter Chicken Skewers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- Sliced green onion tops
- In a saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients; cook and stir over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until smooth. Reserve half of sauce. Slice chicken lengthwise into 1-in. strips; thread onto metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 2 minutes; turn and brush with peanut butter sauce. Continue turning and basting for 4-6 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Place cabbage on a serving plate; top with chicken. Sprinkle with onion tops. Serve with reserved sauce.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 386 calories, 20g fat (4g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 1140mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 38g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 1, 2017
I thought it was alright. I can't pinpoint what kept this recipe from being amazing... Maybe needs more salt and sugar? It would probably have been an amazing recipe if the chicken were marinated beforehand...
Jul 18, 2015
I usually just double or triple the sauce , add cooked chicken to it and pour it over rice. Definitely a keeper.
Nov 4, 2013
This is by far my picky daughter's favorite chicken dish. She even puts the reserved sauce on angel hair pasta.
Jun 18, 2012
I really love peanut chicken satay! That being said, I had to pay fry this, as our grill is currently out of commission. It was very good, but I've had amazing satay at a few thai places. Definitely going in the recipe book!
Jul 30, 2011
I had breast and thigh meat. Turned out wonderful! Love all the flavors!
Jul 22, 2011
I made this for dinner for my husband last night. We both loved it and it was so easy to prepare. I didn't have pepper flakes so I used a little cayenne. It would be wonderful on grilled shrimp too!
Jun 28, 2009
Very good! Served it with macaroni salad and corn on the cob for my dad's birthday. Next time I make it I may leave out the pepper flakes though. They made it a bit spicy for my tastes :-)