Broiled Shrimp Skewers
Any gathering will be special when you serve flavorful and juicy shrimp skewers. They’re easy to assemble and broil to perfection. —Anthony Glazik, Peotone, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + marinating Cook: 10 min.
- 1 cup chutney
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 bacon strips
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 medium papayas, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 30 pineapple chunks
- 30 cherry tomatoes
- 8 green onions or shallots
- In a small bowl, combine the chutney, cilantro, lime juice, oil, pepper sauce and garlic. Cover and refrigerate.
- Cut bacon strips in half lengthwise and widthwise. In a skillet, partially cook the bacon for 2 minutes on each side; drain. Wrap a piece of bacon around each shrimp.
- On 10 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the shrimp, papaya, pineapple, tomatoes and green onions. Brush with half the chutney mixture. Turn and brush with remaining chutney mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 5 minutes. Turn and broil until shrimp turn pink, 5-7 minutes.