Cajun Shrimp Skewers
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 5 min.
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- CAJUN BUTTER:
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Place the shrimp in a large resealable plastic bag; add half of the marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- In a small saucepan, combine the Cajun butter ingredients; heat until butter is melted. Keep warm.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto eight metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 2-4 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, basting once with reserved marinade. Serve with Cajun butter.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 481 calories, 44g fat (17g saturated fat), 229mg cholesterol, 1007mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Dec 29, 2017
Excellent... to be honest, I don't remember them, but trust my notes! I made these from the June/July 2006 Taste of Home Magazine. Excited to try them again.
Mar 30, 2017
Excellent. My husband said he could eat these every night.
Jun 4, 2014
A very delicious meal!!! My shrimp were a little small so I put them in a grill basket instead of skewers. The spicy butter was so good I was wanting to dip everything on my plate in it!!Field Editor since 2013
Sep 19, 2013
Delicious summer recipe! I served this with the Ribboned vegetables in the same issue and cheese bread.
Dec 31, 2011
Since my mother thought we didn't have cajun seasoning we used carribean jerk seasoning instead and it was great. We still use the jerk seasoning every time. I would also recommend marinating longer than the given time. They are a lot juicer then.
Nov 8, 2011
My go to tailgate food!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.