Teriyaki Steak Skewers
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-in.-thick strips
- In a large bowl, mix first eight ingredients; toss with beef. Refrigerate, covered, 2-3 hours.
- Thread beef strips, weaving back and forth, onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers; discard marinade. Grill beef, uncovered, over medium heat until desired doneness, 6-9 minutes, turning occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 skewer: 222 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 452mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 4 lean meat.
May 12, 2016
I've used this recipe for years. It's a great dish for cook-out company, but equally good for a family meal. Really delicious!
Aug 6, 2014
The marinade on these was great. I forgot to soak my skewers, so we ended up eating these like steak strips. As long as you remember to marinade, this makes for a quick meal.
Aug 1, 2011
Really good, easy and quick. Don't even need to add sauce or anything after grilling.
Oct 12, 2009
I just made this recipe for dinner tonight. It was so delicious! Even my picky eaters loved it. The marinade was so light and flavorful. It was a great, very quick and easy fall meal. I wish I had this recipe at the beginning of the summer. I can't wait to try it on chicken and burgers as well.
Mar 17, 2009
These were excellent. I have 3 daughters all under the age of 8. They loved them. I'm thrilled when I can find something quick, easy & liked by all.
Jan 27, 2009
We eat these OFTEN, my family LOVES them!
Jul 12, 2008
This one went over extremely well with my somewhat picky daughter and my extremely picky husband. Fried rice would make a great accompaniment.