Broiled Beef Kabobs
This recipe is a fun summer main dish seasoned in a snap with a tangy homemade marinade. They are so easy to prepare!—Margery Bryan, Moses Lake, Washington
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 small green and/or sweet red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 large fresh mushrooms
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add the beef, peppers and mushrooms; toss to coat. Thread meat and vegetables alternately on metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Broil 3 in. from the heat, turning often, until meat reaches desired doneness and vegetables are tender, about 12-16 minutes. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 209 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 115mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Broiled Beef Kabobs in Taste of Home August/September 1998
Aug 18, 2013
Very good, I marinated for about 3-4 hours and the meat was nice and tender. The only thing missing was a dipping sauce. Add that and it's 5 stars :) I will be making this again.
Apr 18, 2010
This recipe is spectacular!