Teriyaki Grilled Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 40 min.
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sherry or chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine first seven ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate at least 5 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place chicken skin side down on grill rack. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat 20 minutes. Turn; grill 20-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 301 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 364mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 40g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 12, 2018
Decent chicken recipe. Flavor was good, worth fixing again.
Nov 22, 2016
I thought this was okay, somewhat lacking in flavor.
Jul 25, 2015
Very good, juicy.
Aug 8, 2014
Pretty good. I substituted some of the honey for maple syrup because I didn't have enough honey. Flavor came out great. Next time I will add a good built of salt to the marinade, more garlic, more ginger, and some brown sugar. Overall a great recipe, and so much better for you that store bought marinades!
Jun 26, 2014
This chicken was delicious! It was one of several grilled entrees I made for a recent BBQ get-together and everyone loved it! I used both chicken breasts and thighs and they turned out juicy and flavorful. Will definitely be making this again!
Mar 15, 2013
Delicious; easy to make. My husband and I both love this chicken. A real keeper.
Jul 27, 2012
My husband really likes this recipe!I made it for a Sunday fellowship meal and people like it a lot as well. :)
Apr 28, 2012
It was good, will make again