Teriyaki Grilled Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 40 min.
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sherry or chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine first seven ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate at least 5 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place chicken skin side down on grill rack. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat 20 minutes. Turn; grill 20-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 301 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 364mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 40g protein.
Feb 12, 2018
Decent chicken recipe. Flavor was good, worth fixing again.
Nov 22, 2016
I thought this was okay, somewhat lacking in flavor.
Jul 25, 2015
Very good, juicy.
Aug 8, 2014
Pretty good. I substituted some of the honey for maple syrup because I didn't have enough honey. Flavor came out great. Next time I will add a good built of salt to the marinade, more garlic, more ginger, and some brown sugar. Overall a great recipe, and so much better for you that store bought marinades!
Jun 26, 2014
This chicken was delicious! It was one of several grilled entrees I made for a recent BBQ get-together and everyone loved it! I used both chicken breasts and thighs and they turned out juicy and flavorful. Will definitely be making this again!
Mar 15, 2013
Delicious; easy to make. My husband and I both love this chicken. A real keeper.
Jul 27, 2012
My husband really likes this recipe!I made it for a Sunday fellowship meal and people like it a lot as well. :)
Apr 28, 2012
It was good, will make again
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.