Steak Teriyaki Quesadillas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick and 3/4 pound)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside 3 tablespoons for filling. Pour remaining mixture into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the steak; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Drain steak and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-11 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Remove steak from the grill and cool slightly; cut into bite-size pieces. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, red onion, green pepper and beef.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese over three tortillas. Using a slotted spoon, top with beef mixture. Drizzle with reserved soy mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; top with remaining tortillas.
- Grill over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Cut each into six wedges; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 wedge: 113 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.
Oct 4, 2013
Great steak marinade!
Aug 11, 2011
The steak barely made it into the quesadilla. It smelled so good coming off the grill that we all had to taste it ... and could barely stop! What a wonderful marinade. Followed recipe exactly, entire family loved it. Will DEFINITELY make this again.
Aug 7, 2011
These are really delicious. I forgot to reserve some of the marinade which would have made them even better, but they were still good without it. Will definitely make again.
Jul 26, 2011
This was excellent and a fun change on a basic quesadilla.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.