Green Tea Teriyaki Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3-1/2 teaspoons green tea leaves, divided
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 green onions, chopped, divided
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Place 2-1/2 teaspoons tea leaves in a small bowl; add boiling water. Cover and steep for 5-6 minutes.
- Strain and discard leaves; pour tea into a large skillet. Add half of the onions. Stir in the honey, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and sesame oil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until sauce is reduced to about 3/4 cup.
- Add chicken and remaining tea leaves; cover and cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Cut chicken into thin slices; serve with sauce. Garnish with remaining onions.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 184 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 359mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Feb 18, 2011
Very juicy and full of flavor. We used bottled green tea instead of buying the tea leaves and it was still delicious.
Mar 2, 2010
This was fabulous
Feb 10, 2010
Teriyaki chicken is delicious and so easy to make, it's a keeper, for sure. My family and I love it and we make it every chance we get.