Teriyaki Chicken Wings
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 3 pound whole chicken wings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip section. In a large bowl or plastic bag, combine flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add wings; toss to coat.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 350°. Fry chicken wings, a few at a time, for about 9 minutes or until juices run clear. Drain on paper towels.
- In a saucepan combine soy sauce and sugar; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Dip fried wings briefly in sauce; serve immediately.
Nov 6, 2014
Delicious,but it went well by marinating with baking soda before cooking
Jan 23, 2014
I have high expectation from the reviews. Tried it last night, followed the recipe as it is, and it came out to salty. Sorry but I will not make it again.
Dec 15, 2013
Very easy & delicious recipe..I used a bag of frozen wings & thawed them..Then followed the rest of the recipe..Needless to say, there were none left!!
Feb 9, 2012
These wings are amazing! I fry the wings for just a bit longer only because I like a little more crunch on the outside. Definitely would recommend this recipe, super easy to make!
Dec 30, 2011
We love this recipe. It is easy to make and my family loves the taste. We get some celery and blue cheese and they don't last long. Have taken them to family gatherings and have none left to bring home!
Aug 18, 2011
I added a little dried basil and italian seasoning to the flour mix, but I loved this recipe and will definitely make it again!
Oct 4, 2010
it was soooo good.
Sep 1, 2009
These are amazing! My family loves them and we have done them with chunks of chicken too to mix it up we paired with egg noodles. Family favorite
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.