Teriyaki Glazed Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 4 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 medium sweet onion, julienned
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Hot cooked rice
- Sesame seeds, toasted, optional
- Sliced green onions, optional
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 2 tablespoons oil for 6-8 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove chicken and set aside.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry carrots in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Add onion; stir-fry about 2-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- Combine soy sauce and brown sugar; add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Return chicken to skillet. Boil for 5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Serve with rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 324 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1922mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein.
Feb 15, 2017
I added more veggies to this recipe, stir-frying broccoli with the carrots (we like lots of veggies with our stir-fries!) Nice flavor.
Jan 28, 2016
NOTICE: Has any one noticed this Teriyaki Glazed Chicken' has NO TERIYAKI in it???? Tonight was the 2nd time I fixed this recipe. Hubby asked me if I found the Teriyaki okay (had a weird little look on his face) and I looked at what I had used and saw it was SOY SAUCE! Checked the recipe and sure enough, it calls for Soy Sauce......???March 12, 2016**************************************************tasty..I put in 1/2 bag of frozen veggies and nuts and cooked it on the stove-top.
Mar 11, 2015
This was easy to make and I had all of the ingredients on hand.My husband is very picky , when he saw it he said "yuck" but once he tasted it he ended up really liking it.
Jan 25, 2013
Delicious! Will definitely make again!
Feb 2, 2012
Fantastic flavor, and so easy! I like to add more carrots & onions. This is a keeper!
Jul 14, 2009
This recipe is extremely tasty. I added a couple teaspoons of cornstarch to make the sauce thicken. It came out perfect.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.