Teriyaki Glazed Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 4 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 medium sweet onion, julienned
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Hot cooked rice
- Sesame seeds, toasted, optional
- Sliced green onions, optional
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 2 tablespoons oil until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry carrots in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Add onion; stir-fry until vegetables are tender, 2-4 minutes longer.
- Combine soy sauce and brown sugar; add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Return chicken to skillet. Boil until sauce is slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Serve with rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 324 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1922mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein.
Jul 7, 2019
I made this with just a couple of additions. I added zucchini to the step wear you add the onions, and I added some fresh grated ginger and minced garlic to the sauce. Also added 2 tbl spoons of butter to the veggies before adding the sauce. Served over brown basmati rice. It came out tasting very similar to Japanese steakhouse chicken. Will definitely do this again, will try with steak and salmon too!
Jun 30, 2019
Quick and easy meal that I served over brown rice. Great for a busy night.
Jun 4, 2019
This was so flavorful and easy to prepare. I made mine with a side of white rice and spooned it onto flour tortilla shells. I will definitely make this recipe again.
Jun 3, 2019
Absolutely enjoyed every bite of it! I garnished it with green onions and sesame seeds and served it over Creamy Chicken Flavor Rice (Knorr Brand). Definitely a keeper recipe!
May 11, 2019
I loved this because it was SO SIMPLE! The sauce was SO SIMPLE yet it tasted good. My family was not as enthusiastic as I was but they don't do the cooking!! They all agreed that it did need MORE sauce, so I'd probably double it for next time. There WILL be a next time!!
Apr 11, 2019
This is so delicious and easy to make! It is now one of our favorite meals! Thanks for sharing your recipe!
Apr 4, 2019
I have clicked on print on several of your recipes on different sites and the y do not work. How can I print your recipes?
Apr 3, 2019
I made this for dinner tonight, and we loved it! I followed the directions...but did sprinkle a little garlic powder and pepper on the chicken when it was cooking. Super easy to make and very delicious!
Apr 3, 2019
I don't know. I think there's a little more to teriyaki sauce than soy sauce and br. sugar. Ginger? Garlic? Some acid (rice wine vinegar)? Seems too simplistic
Mar 23, 2019
Delicious and easy! Made it as written and it will be added to my meal rotation!