Teriyaki Beef Roast
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1-1/2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 medium yellow onion, quartered
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 ounces medium fresh mushrooms, cut into thick slices
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon beef base
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 3 green onions (green portion only), thinly sliced
- Place potatoes, carrots, green pepper and onion in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Rub flour over roast. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; brown roast on all sides. Transfer roast and drippings to slow cooker; arrange mushrooms around roast and sprinkle roast with brown sugar.
- Combine teriyaki sauce, ginger, beef base, oregano and pepper in a small bowl. Drizzle sauce slowly over mushrooms and roast.
- Cook, covered, on low until roast is tender, 7-8 hours. Remove roast and vegetables to a serving platter; top with green onions. If desired, skim fat and thicken cooking juices for gravy; serve with roast.
Test Kitchen tips
Editor's NoteLook for beef base near the broth and bouillon.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 494 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 1024mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 35g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 5, 2019
whole family loved it
Feb 1, 2019
This was excellent! It was a nice change from my usual beef roast recipes, and it was perfect for my husband and me since we love Asian flavors. I left out the mushroom since my husband is not a fan (though I love them), and it turned out great without them. I will definitely make this recipe again.