Grilled Teriyaki Chicken
“This is so tasty, my husband insists it could be served in a restaurant,” promises Joan Hallford of North Richland Hills, Texas.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook for 1 minute. Cool for 10 minutes. Pour into a resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reaches 170°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 196 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 385mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Jul 28, 2012
This received rave reviews from my family. Very tasty. Nice teriyaki flavor without being overwhelming.
Aug 16, 2011
YUM! Nice flavor. Doubled everything for the 1 1/2 lbs chicken we had home.~ Theresa
Apr 15, 2011