Sesame Teriyaki Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 24 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 6 ounces each)
- Toasted sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Pour 3/4 cup marinade into each of three large resealable plastic bags. Add eight chicken breasts to each bag; seal bags and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight, turning once.
- Discard marinade. Transfer to two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-13 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear.
- To grill, cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 45 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 259mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
May 3, 2012
Good recipe. Made with chicken tenders and grilled it. Will def make again!
Dec 9, 2010
I make a smaller version of this recipe quite often and use my george forman to cook the chicken breasts and then cut up the meat to top off a garden salad. Even my three boys love it!
Jul 24, 2009
I made this last Saturday with potato salad. Everyone loved it. This is definitely a "DO OVER"!
Jun 26, 2009
excellent--Doing this for the 4th of July with thighs and breasts, will use more sugar for better glazing and taste.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.