Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese or provolone cheese
- Hamburger rolls
- In a large skillet, saute onions in teriyaki sauce until tender. Shape ground beef into four patties; place on top of onions and cook for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Top each burger with cheese and onions. Serve on rolls.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 308 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 1446mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 20, 2010
Years ago in California, there was a restaurant that served Teriyaki Mushroom Burgers. They were delightful and loved by all my family. I copied the recipe as best I could. I sauteed the onion slices and sliced mushrooms in a bit of butter then added the burger patties back to the skillet and re-heated them. Served them on buns with lettuce and tomato along with the onions and mushrooms. Swiss Cheese is a good cheese to use with my version.