Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese or provolone cheese
- Hamburger rolls
- In a large skillet, saute onions in teriyaki sauce until tender. Shape ground beef into four patties; place on top of onions and cook for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Top each burger with cheese and onions. Serve on rolls.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 308 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 1446mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.
Feb 20, 2010
Years ago in California, there was a restaurant that served Teriyaki Mushroom Burgers. They were delightful and loved by all my family. I copied the recipe as best I could. I sauteed the onion slices and sliced mushrooms in a bit of butter then added the burger patties back to the skillet and re-heated them. Served them on buns with lettuce and tomato along with the onions and mushrooms. Swiss Cheese is a good cheese to use with my version.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.