Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Cook: 15 min.
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups cold cooked rice
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen peas and pearl onions
- Place steak in a shallow dish. In a small bowl, whisk 1/2 cup soy sauce, vinegar, honey, ginger and garlic. Pour half of the marinade over steak; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, transfer reserved marinade to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Pour eggs into skillet. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are completely cooked, remove to plate. Chop eggs into small pieces; set aside.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry rice in remaining butter over medium-high heat. Stir in the peas, onions and remaining soy sauce.
- Add eggs; cook and stir until heated through. Thinly slice steak across the grain; serve over rice. Drizzle with sauce mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 408 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 170mg cholesterol, 1572mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.
Jun 11, 2018
This was very good. I left out the peas, only adding pearl onions to the rice.
Jun 20, 2015
Very good flavor. Used brown rice and fresh grated ginger (doubled the amount). Froze left overs
Nov 16, 2014
I am going to try this and know I will love it... Thanks
May 6, 2014
Very good flavor!
Jun 10, 2013
This was so delicious. Will definitely make this again!
Jan 13, 2012
One of my hubby's favorite meals
Sep 23, 2011
oops forgot the 5 stars...
Sep 23, 2011
This is so delish!! Do make exra sauce, it's so good!
Apr 26, 2011
This is such a good recipe! I make it all the time!!
Mar 28, 2011
I feel a little bad to review this recipe because I didn't follow the instructions exactly. Instead of marinating it I cooked the steaks in the sauce in the crockpot for a few hours. However, the sauce just didn't taste good to me. Way too much balsamic vinegar flavor for me, not enough sweet. Not sure if it's because of the way I cooked it or not, but don't crock pot it. That's my advice