Teriyaki Steak Subs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 pineapple slices
- 4 hoagie buns, split and toasted
- In a large bowl, combine steak sauce, brown sugar, soy sauce and ginger; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the steak, peppers and onion in oil for 5 minutes Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in reserved sauce; top with pineapple.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through. Spoon meat mixture onto rolls; top each with two pineapple slices.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 681 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1327mg sodium, 97g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 7g fiber), 34g protein.
Jun 21, 2011
This was a great sandwich recipe and went well with the potato salad I made to accompany it. However it didn't taste much like teriyaki to me, and if I make it again I fully intend on doubling the sauce. I skipped the pineapple due to time constraints but I'm positive it would've been wonderful on it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.