Hot Beef Cheddar Subs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 submarine sandwich buns
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices American cheese
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each bun; set tops aside. Carefully hollow out bottoms, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Set aside 1/2 cup bread.
- In a large skillet, cook beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, Worcestershire sauce and reserved bread.
- Spoon into buns; top each with a cheese slice. Replace tops. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 12, 2013
Good comfort food
Apr 19, 2011
It was very good & very fast.
Sep 20, 2010
Very cheap and fast dinner! these were good, but I felt they needed a little kick like something spicy maybe. I will definitely make this again but Ill probably add mushrooms or a jalapeno
Aug 18, 2009
These are so easy, inexpensive and tasty! They're even easier if you skip toasting the rolls and use shredded cheese over the hot filling instead of sliced. I'll definitely make these subs again.
Mar 24, 2009
These's were wonderful. Easy to make and very filling. My family loved them!