Cheddar French Dip Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ciabatta rolls, split
- 1 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound thinly sliced roast beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- In a small skillet, melt butter. Add garlic; saute for 1 minute. Place rolls on a baking sheet; brush cut sides with garlic butter. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- In a large saucepan, combine beef and broth; heat through. Using tongs or a slotted spoon, place beef on rolls. Serve sandwiches with remaining broth for dipping.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 664 calories, 27g fat (15g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 1885mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 40g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 1, 2019
I sauted mushrooms and onion with it. Yum
Mar 8, 2019
These were delicious and easy to prepare on a weeknight when you don't have a lot of time. The garlic really came though to give these some flavor. Next time I might add some more seasoning.
Feb 23, 2019
Absolutely delicious! A Winner, Winner Sammie Night Dinner! ???? The only change I made was adding a little Montreal steak seasoning to broth. A definite keeper, and that’s saying a lot, because Hubby makes me some pretty mean Sammie’s, so it has to be really good to make the Keeper List!??
Jul 28, 2018
My family loves these sandwiches!!!! One of my sons loves to saute onions in olive oil to put on top of his sandwich.
Mar 23, 2014
Easy, quick & delicious. Great for lunch or dinner. I also used sliced cheddar cheese.
Apr 3, 2013
These French Dip sandwiches are delicious!I love that they are on Ciabatta rolls. A keeper in my house!
Jan 26, 2012
Delish and simple to make. My kids, who are very picky, love this with some fries. :)
Oct 27, 2011
Fast and delicious! What more can you ask for. Thanks for the reipe.
Sep 19, 2011
My whole family loved this recipe. It was very tasty and super easy to prepare. The only change I made was to use cheddar cheese slices in place of the shredded cheese. A slice of cheese fit the ciabatta roll perfectly. These sandwiches along with some coleslaw and you have a wonderful and quick weeknight meal.
Sep 12, 2011
Can't wait to have them again!