Fast French Dip Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 sandwich buns, split
- In a 1-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the soup, beef and water. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, place a slice of cheese on each bun bottom. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
- Using a slotted spoon, place beef on buns; replace tops. Serve with onion soup for dipping.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Feb 14, 2016
We love this recipe. I served on a hoagie roll so it was easier to dip. An easy weekend lunch.
Jan 14, 2016
We all love this recipe!
Sep 17, 2015
Everyone in my house loves it!
Oct 25, 2014
This is one of my favorite recipes to make. it is easy, and tastes great.
Mar 22, 2012
So easy! A great quick dinner!
Feb 19, 2011
This is a very easy and great sandwich i will do this again ! Love It
Jun 3, 2010
This was so fast and yummy, which is a good combination on a summer day or night!!
Apr 22, 2010
I love, love, love these sandwiches! I like them with club rolls from the deli. So fast and easy, and they taste great.
Jun 22, 2008
These sandwiches are great! Whenever deli beef is on sale its easy to remember to get the buns, cheese and soup. Just bought it today-tomorrow we feast! Thanks for a great fast recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.