French Dip Subs with Beer Dipping Sauce
These savory subs make a family-pleasing meal that comes together in no time. The tender roast beef goes great with the hearty beer dipping sauce and a garnish of banana peppers.—Susan Simons, McKenna, Washington
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 2 tablespoons spicy ketchup
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) dark beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 6 hoagie buns, split
- In a large skillet, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Add the roast beef, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, basil, oregano and pepper. Stir in beer. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Using a slotted spoon, place beef on buns. Serve with cooking juices.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich with 1/4 cup au jus: 345 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 926mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Spicy Roat Beef Subs in Country Woman February/March 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.